Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Selah!" Pause and think about it!


SELAH! Jesus causes us, at our core, to yearn the greatest for His peace.

Over the years especially earlier on in my walk I have been amazed at how some individuals, could also have such an overwhelming sense of God's peace and presence while going through the most gut-wrenching events! Personally speaking, I have often taken note of my own disposition at many given moments. If I sense a break in having peace of mind, I try to look to see where it is coming from, then immediately release it back to God.

Likewise, there are often tares that may thrive in "the garden of our hearts." For example, tares of "worry, pride, selfishness, disbelief." However, God's light makes tares to dry up, while it also causes His peace to flourish.  Sometimes when struggling with seemingly distracting emotions over life experiences, such as remaining in a state of fear when I have no apparent reason to BE fearful, I have found it most effective to willingly go into a state of PRAISE and THANKSGIVING!

Praising God, no matter what, no matter why, really helps to change the 'landscape' of my mind and to make for a more constructive frame of mind!

Being consistent in our praise and thankfulness to God will determine how or if we are able to remove ourselves from a state of anxiety. It takes much more energy to worry than it does to be thankful.  As the word Selah in the Word of God means to "stop and listen". We must make a constant effort to stop and listen to our inner ear to the Lord, and not the internal conversations we create. I challenge you to “Selah” on today that God may speak to your heart in a special way!

No comments:

Post a Comment