Saturday, September 15, 2018

It's the Little Things....It Really Is!

It was Monday morning, again!
I pushed the covers off and on this particular day I mistakenly let the minutes tick away more quickly than other days, and having seen the girls off for school....I lost track of time to the point I did not get in the Word and prayer that AM before leaving as I usually do!

Normally, I make sure I allot time for my morning devotions: reflection, prayer, and the Word. However, this morning was different, as I ripped around the house grabbing my water bottle, workout bag, towel, etc.

This was the one day I did not keep my priorities in order, AND this was the one morning a student came into one of my fitness classes that I was teaching at the gym, and the demeanor and attitude was so heavy, and checked out from this person, that I allowed it to affect my level of energy I had that day. Having rushed about my day without surrendering to the Word and prayer, I allowed another person's attitude to hamper the joy and zeal, I brought to the class! And even though this person stood behind 49 plus other enthusiastically cheering people ready to workout, all I could focus on was the one negative person, amazingly!

And so it is true as the phrase is stated from scripture... it's the little foxes who spoil the vine (Song of Solomon 2:15). And, so much more easily so, when our vine is not rooted and connected to the source (God) the way it should be for our vine's identity, and source of strength!

And similarly as it is in real life....we can often let the small things in life distract from the big picture that God has for us- ultimately missing out on what God would have us be in that moment for someone in need when we are not focused on Him!

Perhaps I could have shared a specific word of encouragement to the student before or after class that day. Perhaps he/she was simply having a bad day as many of us can have at any given time.... None of that unfortunately crossed my mind at the time, because instead of focusing on helping others in thrive mode, I was stuck in survive mode becoming very self-consumed!

I ended up making it through that class! 😉 But I also had the sting of a reminder to not let another day go by, without considering the Lord first in my day, and in my daily devotion with Him. How truly we need him everyday and in every way!

I purpose in my heart today to keep my priorities straight to seek the Lord early on during the first part of my day AND often throughout the day. To invite Him in on my daily decisions AND into my thought life! How about you?

If you agree, pray this prayer with me: "Lord help me to continually purpose in my heart to seek you first, to seek you fervently and sincerely from the heart. Not out of duty, and not out of a rote way of marking a task off my list, but out of sincerity and a desire to relationally know you and be found in you even the more. Help me to grow deeper Lord, that I desire to know your voice and your face (who you are), over your hand and what only you can do for me."

I pray this now in your precious son Jesus' Name. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment