Monday, March 9, 2020

5 Core Values that are essential to me at 51.

Another Birthday has come to pass! I’m so thankful at 51! As I have turned another year, I wanted to share 5 areas of my life I am valuing more and more! With 5 representing the # for Grace and 1 the # for Oneness, I am thankful for the oneness with God and His purpose for my life. \0/

So here goes! :)

1. Time. The more  I venture on this path of life, the more I am valuing my time. I realize it is not in being everywhere, involved in everything; but in making time for those things that matter the most, having priorities... Time is of utmost importance to me and I realize that we all have been ultimately given a measure of space and time to fulfill our God-given mandate on this God given earth.... and so it is with urgency and priority that I do it expediently (in His timing) and excellently! I have a good portion of living behind me now.  Therefore, I don’t have time to waste. Instead of being about many words, I’m now even more diligently about my Father's business- doing, and in so, believing in action over talk. If not now, then when?

2. FIT.  Being FIT, but when I say FIT not simply being physical FIT. ...(Focused Investment over Time). What matters most is Focusing Investments over time in my faith on God, my family, and covenant friendships. Being FIT- spiritually 1st - whole as an individual then in my roles as wife and mother, then emotionally and physically, in order to fulfill my God-given purpose in the utmost way during this season. And ultimately, in essence, I believe- a healthy person (who is a whole person),  produces a healthy life, a healthy life produces a healthy lifestyle, a healthy lifestyle produces a healthy family, and a healthy family overflows to fostering a healthy community around and beyond.

3. Wisdom. I am in awe at how much the Lord's Word is and has been applicable over my life!  Now enabling me to make wiser choices at this stage and age. Not because of anything I in myself that I can boast, but because of life's experiences, whether good or bad, with the hardships and the lessons the Lord has instilled in me as a result. A surrendered life to the Lord ....over time matters, and can be one of the most enriching and rewarding spiritual classrooms to life's lessons we can learn from.

4. Authenticity. Moreso than the accumulation of wealth, or things, or how many people I can have around me, I value nurturing more and more now authentic relationships, friendships,  authentic connections, TRUTH. Quality over quantity. Authenticity matters to me so much  in a world that oftentimes masquerades something it is not.

5. Legacy. What will my life speak of me when I am gone? To my children or my children's children? To my immediate family and my extended family? My aim is to live a life worthy of His calling and to encourage as many others that I can to do the same while there is time.

I am so THANKFUL as another year has arrived, and would be remised if I did not acknowledge these valuable moments the Lord is working on the inside of me! \0/

Philippians 3:7-14
7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.
8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ
9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.
10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. \0/


No comments:

Post a Comment