Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Worry not....Steward Well!

"Do not worry about tomorrow! This is not a suggestion, but a command... When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame... Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust. Anxious thoughts meander about and crisscross in your brain... (instead) affirm your faith... enjoy My presence... trusting Me at all times." Jesus Calling

Worry is a st
rong habitual thought pattern that many people develop, but do not enjoy or benefit from. Worry robs us of so many things...like peace, health, confidence, relationships, and joy!

Learning to "throw off" worry with "one quick thrust of trust" equips us to move forward with God-confidence. I believe God honors our efforts to "throw off" and to develop some trust-thrusting ability. Like building spiritual muscle that will glorify God!

I have been told I am a chronic list maker. My list for the day as a matter of fact was often longer than I could accomplish. But if I don’t have a list I don’t get nearly as much done—or I forget something important. I have been accused of “worrying”. So, what is the difference between worrying and planning? As I thought about it, I once proceeded to study the difference. When looking up the meaning, a plan is a “detailed method for the accomplishment of a goal”.

Worrying is “to feel uneasy or troubled”. Habbakuk 2:2-4, states, "Record the vision And inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run. 3"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay. As long as I am trusting God I don’t feel uneasy or troubled.

It is one thing to worry it is another thing to prioritize and hold yourself accountable to things God places in your heart to accomplish.

There is a difference. I love the saying, “Live as though Jesus us coming back tomorrow, plan as though He will not.” There should be an urgency for us to live for the Lord today, while at the same time there should also be an urgency for us to steward those things and live responsibly with what God has placed in our hands, our home, our family, our children, our spouse and the list goes on. Worry not!

Nevertheless, STEWARD well!


No comments:

Post a Comment